Three Key Takeaways from This Article:
- We sent out a readership survey in August 2019; 291 readers responded.
- 72% of the respondents said Inputs & Insights helped them make a business decision in 2019. 80% said they share content from Inputs & Insights with others, like customers or co-workers.
- Respondents asked for more content, such as videos and charts. We’ve taken those suggestions and incorporated some changes.
2020 has officially arrived; this means a new year, a new decade and a new Inputs & Insights. We know the new year is a perfect time for a fresh start, and we’re excited to announce some positive changes to the newsletter you’ve come to rely on for key crop protection information. We’ve decided to make these changes based on the results of a recent readership survey. You asked for these changes, and we listened.
In August 2019, we emailed a survey to readers of Inputs & Insights asking what you like about the newsletter and what you’d like to see changed. Here are some highlights:
- 291 readers completed the survey.
- 72% of respondents said Inputs & Insights has helped them make a business decision.
- 21% of respondents were from Iowa, the top state represented in the survey.
- Nearly 80% of respondents said they share the newsletter.
- 43% of respondents said they discussed the newsletter with customers (a 5% increase over the last survey in 2017).
- 32% of respondents said they discussed the newsletter with colleagues (a 10% increase over the last survey in 2017).
Changes We’ve Made
In the survey, respondents asked for the following changes:
- Increase content, including articles, photos, videos and charts.
- Make it easier to share content on social media.
- Tighten up articles for faster reading.
We’ve listened and already have incorporated new content about fungicides and crop disease. We also added key takeaways at the top of articles to help streamline content, suggested a social media post at the bottom of most articles, and added more photos and other media to many articles.
We hope you enjoy the changes and look forward to bringing you the content you need to help your customers in 2020 and beyond.