By: Lyndsie Kaehler, U.S. Corn Herbicides Product Manager, Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont
Winter is an opportunity to reflect and make plans for the upcoming season. Since every farmer, field and season is different, retailers are challenged to develop customized weed control programs to fit customers’ unique needs each year. As you create 2019 corn herbicide plans, here are three key areas to consider.
Attack weeds early and often.
Give your customers’ corn the strongest start possible by layering residual herbicides to control tough weeds. Uncontrolled weeds steal crucial nutrients, sun and water from young corn plants and ultimately, rob yield. Some of the fiercest weed competition, such as marestail, waterhemp and Palmer amaranth, have long germination periods and spread to more fields each year.
Start with a preemergence herbicide to control early weed flushes. Then, come back with a postemergence residual herbicide to control weed escapes and prevent competition from later-emerging weeds.
Recommend corn herbicides with ultimate dependability.
The corn herbicides portfolio of Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, is designed to fit the way farmers grow corn, so they can spend less time worrying about unwanted, yield-robbing weeds. Our corn herbicides offer dependability and application flexibility to deal with the unexpected. Here is a quick look at how each product can help your customers:
- Resicore® herbicide is effective, with versatile application timing and residual control lasting deep into the growing season.
- SureStart® II herbicide is proven to control weeds when it matters most — during the early developmental stages of corn growth.
- DuPont™ Realm® Q herbicide is a great postemergence option with multiple modes of action and built-in safener technology that can be applied under diverse weather conditions.
- Keystone® NXT herbicide is consistent, providing a wide spectrum of weed control, and only requires ¼ inch of rain to activate.
- DuPont™ Cinch® ATZ herbicide delivers peace of mind and flexibility through early weed control, especially for farmers needing rotational flexibility.
Offer new savings for your customers
These corn herbicides are part of the all-new, rebate-free TruChoice® offer. You can register at truchoiceonline.com to learn about two ways to offer farmers upfront savings on their crop protection and qualified seed purchases. It can help build your business while improving customers’ cash flow.
We look forward to working with you this season. Talk with your territory manager from Corteva Agriscience about finding the right corn herbicide for your needs.
About the author: Lyndsie Kaehler is the corn herbicides product manager at Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont. Lyndsie joined Corteva Agriscience, formerly known as Dow AgroSciences, in 2012 and is based in Indianapolis.